16 August, 2013

Office Customisation Tool Adding desktopfolder shortcuts

When adding shortcuts in the Office Customization Tool for the desktop for Word, Excel, Outlook etc, you will get the follow error message, please note that if I look at the pre-configured shortcuts for the start menu, they do not have a Start In folder specified.



So I added the start in folder off: C:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\
Fine, no problem right? Well by doing so and clicking OK, the OCT tool adds the same string to the Arguments field and if I try delete that and OK it, it comes back when I open it again:



Sure enough, after install when launching the programs with these shortcuts I get error messages starting with:
"Sorry, we couldn't find your file. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted? (C:\Program.doc)"

The solution is quite simple. Delete the arguments string and replace it with a space and the shortcut will function normally.